Day 100 of 100!! Yeehaa!!
WE DID IT! 100 Emotional Lessons in 100 Days (well, about 111, but close enuf!).
Let’s recap what we learned about Taking Control of our Feelings & Emotions…
- Feelings are a GOOD thing, not a Bad thing! (MOST important!)
- Feelings are a natural, God-given right that all us humans have in common.
- Feelings are who we are, what we care about, and what we’re made of
- Feelings, expressed verbally, with the intensity they are felt, will reduce in intensity and are free to change.
- The 3 very basic steps to dealing with your emotions are:
- Know what you feel
- Accept that you feel it.
- Express your feelings in safe, healthy, productive ways.
- Depression is Anger turned inward (or anger without enthusiasm)
- Guilt and Shame are both toxic, and are both Optional (you can take them or leave them.
- Thou shall not Should on thyself.
- Anger is a secondary emotion — we always feel something first BEFORE we feel anger.
- Chances are you did not learn how to effectively deal with your feelings & emotions as a child, neither from your parents nor your schooling, so you HAVE TO LEARN THESE CRUCIAL LIFE-LESSONS YOURSELF.
- "Our level of mental health is directly related to our sense of Belonging." — in other words, connecting with people and sharing our life, love and experiences is the key to being happy, healthy and successful.
- To be an expert communicator, we need to learn how to SUAL (Shut Up And Listen)!
- Happiness does not come from being successful. Success comes from being happy.
- Feelings are not debatable, judgments are. Stick to talking about what you feel and you’ll never have another argument!
- If you know what you feel, you’ll know what you want, and who you are.
- Love really IS the answer!
- Feelings really ARE the key to Happiness!
You CAN take control of your Life, by understanding, appreciating and learning to manage your Feelings and Emotions.
Thanks for reading, listening, and caring, and thanks tons for all the wonderful feedback I’ve gotten from ya’ll (the over 500 folks who are currently receiving this e-series). That’s my reward for pushing myself to write down these many thoughts and truths that run thru my head. If you need more help with your feelings, and to remain healthy and strong, some choices are:
- Talk to safe people about what you feel.
- Listen, learn and get feedback.
- Read, read, read. Books, websites, articles, e-courses, whatever you can.
- Go to workshops and classes and learn in person.
- Hire a therapist and/or a life coach to get the personal help you deserve.
- Make it a priority in your life.
Your feelings will be with you 24x7x365 until the day you die, so please do what you can to learn to deal with them properly and effectively.
Let me know what you thought of this series. If you like what you’ve read here, I have an ebook coming soon, so please stay in touch. I vow to keep writing, continue life-coaching and carry on teaching our life-changing emotional breakthrough weekend workshop for as long as I possibly can, to as many people as I possibly can. The world is changing, becoming more and more interested in what’s happening inside us and around us, so I feel this is my place to contribute.
"The last great adventure is our journey inward."
My best to you always!
Keep feelin’ and healin’.
With much love always,
– Matt Perelstein